I have created a jQuery plugin that provides the following features:
- Tabs transform to accordion based on breakpoint
- Uses CSS Media Queries for the desktop/tablet/mobile view
- Callback events for the tab events
- Tabs can be opened with URL hashes
- Tabs can auto rotate
- Tabs can be collapsed (optional)
- Tabs can start collapsed based on the view (optional)
- Cross browser compatibility (IE7+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera)
Where can i find it?
You can check out a demo at:
Or check out the plugin page where you can also find the API description:
You can fork the plugin at the Github page:
Feel free to submit pull request if you have added cool features!
How can I implement it?
The configuration and implementation is fairly simple. Add the following HTML to your page:
The links in the
<ul> list are used to link to the panels. For instance, a link with the href
I am planning to add some more options / functions to the plugin. I've added a list of options I want to add in the coming months but the list is subject to change. If you feel that you've got a great idea for an option, let me know. You are ofcourse very welcome to make some changes and submit a pull request if you like.
- Ajax panels
- Tabs that can be disabled
- Keyboard interaction
- Switch event (for instance, mouseover)